The American Association of University Women grants Foreign Fellowships to women who are not citizens of the U.S or permanent residents for full-time study or work in the U.S. Aid is granted to both postgraduate and graduate studies at accredited institutions.
Scholarships for students Class Level:
AAUW International Women’s Fellowships in the United States are eligible to pursue Masters, PhD, post-doctoral programs at the Universities of the United States.
Within this scholarship program, the following subject is available to review.
- All Subjects
Nationalities qualified to vote:
Women that are not citizens of the United States, or permanent residents. Women who demonstrate a previous commitment to advancing women and girls through political, cultural, or professional work are given priority.
Benefits of scholarship:
- Master’s / Fellowship: $18,000
- Fellowship to doctorate: $20,000
- Postdoctoral Bursaries: $30,000
Criteria for Eligibility:
Applicants must fulfill the following conditions to be considered for an International Fellowship:
- Have citizenship or possession of a non-immigrant visa in a country other than the United States if living in the United States; Women who are already, or intend to be, a U.S. citizen, permanent resident in the U.S., or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country during the fellowship year are not exempt.
- Possess an academic degree (earned in the United States or abroad) equal to a bachelor’s degree in the United States, completed by 15 November.
- During the fellowship year, hope to commit herself full time to the proposed academic program.
- Intending to return home to pursue a professional career.
- Be qualified in English and confirm proficiency by submitting a correct score of ETS TOEFL * (English as a Foreign Language Test) or other appropriate tests.
- Master’s / first professional degree and doctoral candidates must apply to an approved research institution for the length of the fellowship year by 15 November 2020 and must mention the institution’s name in the application for an International Fellowship. Fellows must provide their acceptance materials with official confirmation from the institution.
Scholarships in Utah, Procedure to apply:
Requirements and accompanying document submissions are conducted online.